2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (optional)
4 tablespoons Calamata olives, pureed slightly, with bits of olive still visible (optional)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Parmesan, cheddar, Gruyere, Swiss)
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 cup cooked ham, diced
1 cup frozen green peas
1 cup roasted red pepper, julienned, or 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned (optional) (they add color to your filled, especially if you are not using the ham)
1 cup fresh asparagus, steamed but not soggy
Preheat oven to 375F-400F.
- Using cooking spray, grease a 15X10X1 inch jelly roll pan.
- Line the pan with parchment paper, going up the sides of the pan.
- Grease the paper and set aside.
- In a blender, add the cream cheese and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add the flour and salt and blend to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and add them to the blender. Blend well.
- Place the prepared pan on the middle rack of the oven and preheat the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and bake for 20 minutes, until the eggs are puffed and set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately spread the eggs with mustard, the olive puree, or a spread of your choice.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/4 cups of the cheese, reserving 1/4 cup cheese.
- Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients.
- Roll up the omelet from the short side, peeling away the parchment paper, tightening the roll-up with a metal spatula each roll. Roll, peel, tighten.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
- Return the omelet to the oven for 3-4 minutes so that the cheese topping melts.
- Slice in 1-1/2 inch slices.
Each rolled omelet serves 6.